The window for submissions is now closed.
Thank you for everyone who submitted! We will host the judging of submissions on Saturday March 14th and open the voting for People’s Choice March 14th – April 1st.
Mark your calendars to join us at the award ceremony on
Thursday April 23rd 5:30pm-7:30pm at the Chesterfield (701 W. Main).
Award announcements with begin at 6pm.
This year’s categories are:
- Adaptive ReUse (old building, new design) – innovative new designs applied to existing properties either residential or commercial, especially Durham’s historic resources
- Keep Durham Beautiful – given to a volunteer or group of volunteers for projects, programs, or events, that impact a Durham community or neighborhood, and address Keep Durham Beautiful’s mission to support volunteer efforts to:
- beautify the natural environment
- prevent or reduce litter and/or
- advance efforts to reduce waste through reducing, re-using, or recycling
- Garden and Landscape – landscaping, personal border gardens, or community entrance projects over one year old, which have consistently maintained high standards of appearance and upkeep, contributing to resource conservation, the preservation of Durham’s natural resources and trees, and demonstrating respect for existing features of of the land
- Large Development – new construction, conversions, or improvements to either a multifamily residential property, mixed-use property, or commercial property over 12,000 square feet
- Small Development – new construction, conversions, or improvements to either a multifamily residential property, mixed-use property, or commercial property below 12,000 square feet
- Hearth and Home – innovative design for new construction, renovation, or restoration of a single-family house or residential building containing four units or fewer